Architectuurcentrum Amsterdam is always looking for new, enthusiastic volunteers who want to join our wonderful team. We are looking for people with a passion for architecture, urban planning and Amsterdam. Will you be our new ambassador for Amsterdam architecture?
Arcam, as the architectural centre of Amsterdam, is the starting point for anyone interested in architecture. Arcam wants to increase the love for architecture. The city is our collection and we are the starting point to discover it.
We are currently looking for gallery staff. Especially on weekends!
As an Arcam gallery staff member, you can use your knowledge to talk to our visitors and help them find their way in our beautiful capitcal. You will also take care of selling books and guides and inform our visitors on our exhibitions. Work hours are between 1-5 pm. During weekdays you run the gallery on your own, with of course all Arcam employees in the office. In weekends you will be together with another volunteer.
We also need volunteers for other types of events:
– For exhibitions and city interventions on location;
– At public events such as the the Museum Night, the Winter Lectures or the presentation of the Amsterdam Architecture Prize.
Arcam offers you:
– Knowledge! All the ins and outs of Amsterdam’s architecture and urban planning over the years. Arcam organises excursions especially for its volunteers;
– Network! As a volunteer of Arcam you will come into contact with people with whom you share a love for architecture;
– Free entrance! You can enter Arcam’s activities as a volunteer for free. For example at the 1-Lectures and our Winter Lectures.
– Discount! As a volunteer you can purchase Arcam publications at a reduced price;
Interested? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.