‘Reuse’ is the theme of this year’s ‘Architecture Day’, which will take place on Sunday the 27th of June. On the initiative of the Amsterdam section of the BNA (Association of Dutch Architects) and ARCAM, in Amsterdam the spotlight will be on recently reused buildings. Every building has a historical story and is spectaculary rebuilt.
ARCAM gives the opportunity to look inside offices and unfinished buildings where the public will be given a tour by a architectural historians.
Builings that are opened – among others are: the headquartre MTV Benelux, Silo’s Zeeburg – the future the Annie M. G. Schmidt house, The Bank – a new office centre and supermaket at Rembrandt square, Parc Hotel (Eden Hotel Group) located in a former hospital.
List of buildings that will be opened for public, from 10 am – 5 pm:
1. Kraanspoor, Kraanspoor
2. MTV Networks Benelux, Neveritaweg
3. NDSM-loods, Neveritaweg
4. Smederij, Neveritaweg
5. Silo’s Zeeburgereiland, IJburglaan
6. Slibvijzelgemaal Zeeburgereiland, IJburglaan
7. Kauwgomballenfabriek, Paul van Vlissingenstraat
8. Burgerziekenhuis, Linaeusstraat
9. ARCAM, Prins Hendrikkade 600
10. The Bank, Rembrandtplein
11. De Bazel, Vijzelstraat (Opens at 11 h.!)
12. Duintjer CS, Vijzelstraat
13. Schijnheilig, Passeerdersgracht 23
14. De Hallen (tramremise), Bellamyplein
15. Centrale Markthal, Jan van Galenstraat 4
16. Toren Overhoeks, Buiksloterweg
Click here for an illustrated list of projects with extras and click here for a map with bus stops. Please check our website until the last moment, changes in the bus route can be made due to traffic jams.
Tickets (little booklets with information on te projects) wil be sold at all participating projects and will give access to all buildings including the busses touring from project to project. Price: €7,50.